1 package sugar free Red Velvet Cake Mix
1-1/2 cups warm water
1 package sugar free Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting Mix
1-1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
3 ounces various sugar free hard candies, crushed (optional)
Recipe Yields: 16 cupcakes
- Preheat conventional oven to 350° F or convection oven to 300° F (low fan).
- Place paper baking cups into 16 regular-size muffin cups.
- Add warm water to Red Velvet Cake Mix. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down side of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide batter equally among muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes (conventional) or 10-12 minutes (convection) or until done. Cool completely.
- Empty contents of Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting Mix into mixer bowl. Add low-fat milk.
- Using whip attachment, mix on low speed until incorporated. Scrape down side of mixer bowl. Mix on high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Fit round tip (opening about 1/2 inch in diameter) into pastry bag. Spoon frosting into bag until about 1/2 full (refill as needed); generously pipe frosting in circular motion on top of each cupcake, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge.
- Top with crushed hard candies if desired. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.