Apple Walnut CakeJump into fall with a slice of our warm Apple Walnut Cake. Made with fresh apples, cinnamon, and our Yellow or Vanilla Cake Mix, this easy to make sheet cake is perfect for brunch or dessert!
2 packages of Yellow or Vanilla Cake Mix
3 cups warm water
16 ounces diced apples
4 ounces chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus 1 teaspoon for garnish, if desired
Recipe Yields: 12"x20" sheet cake or 36 servings
- Preheat oven to 275°F (convection oven) or 350°F (conventional oven).
- Combine both packages of cake mix and ground cinnamon in a stand/counter-top mixer. Mix on low speed for a few seconds to disperse dry ingredients.
- With mixer still on low, gradually add 3 cups of warm water. Continue mixing for 30 seconds to combine water and dry mix. Turn up speed to medium-high and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn mixer back down to low speed and add apples and walnuts. Mix briefly to combine.
- Pour batter evenly into a prepared hotel pan (12"x20").
- Bake in a conventional oven at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until done. In a convection oven, use low fan setting and bake at 275°F for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Garnish with a light dusting of ground cinnamon. Can be served either warm or cool.