What You'll Need:
1 package Yellow Cake Mix
1-1/2 cups prepared Egg Custard Mix
1 cup prepared Chocolate Frosting Mix
Yields: One 3-layer cake or 20 slices
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and bake in 2 prepared 8" cake rounds.
- When cooled, split each cake in half evenly, yielding 2 layers per round. You will need 3 layers per finished cake and 1 layer to crumble as optional garnish.
- Prepare Egg Custard according to package directions. Use 1-1/2 cups of prepared custard as filling between the layers.
- Prepare Chocolate Frosting Mix according to package directions. Use 1 cup of prepared frosting to frost top and sides of cake. Crumble left over layer and decorate sides of the cake, if desired.
- Chill until serving time.