What You'll Need:
1 package Banana Cake Mix
1 package Whipped Topping Mix
2 cups cold orange juice
1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut 1/2 cup crushed, well-drained pineapple
orange zest (optional)
additional shredded, unsweetened coconut (optional)
Yields: One 4-layer cake or 20 slices
- Prepare Banana Cake Mix according to package instructions and bake in 2 prepared 8" cake rounds.
- When cooled, split each cake in half evenly, yielding 2 layers per round. You will need 3 layers per finished cake. Discard remaining layer or reserve for later use.
- Add cold orange juice to Whipped Topping Mix in a mixing bowl and stir with a whisk until incorporated. Add this mixture to a stand mixer and whip for 6-7 minutes.
- Blend the shredded coconut and crushed pineapple together. Using a spatula, gently fold the pineapple/coconut mixture into the Whipped Topping.
- Frost the cake immediately with the whipped topping mixture.
- Garnish with orange zest or additional shredded coconut, if desired.
- Chill cake until serving time.