What You'll Need:
1 package Strawberry Dream Cake Mix
1 package Chocolate Cake Mix
3 cups warm water
1 package Chocolate Frosting Mix
1-1/4 cups of 2% low-fat milk
Yields: 36 - 2.8 ounce servings or 6x6 cut
- Preheat conventional oven to 350°F or convection oven to 275°F (low fan).
- Add 1-½ cups warm water to Strawberry Dream Cake Mix. Using paddle, mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down side of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes. Spread batter into prepared hotel pan (12”x20”).
- In a separate mixing bowl, add remaining warm water to Chocolate Cake Mix. Using paddle, mix on low for 30 seconds, then scrape down sides of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the Chocolate Cake batter into the hotel pan evenly in parallel lines across the top of the Strawberry Dream Cake batter. Using a table knife or spatula, swirl the Chocolate batter into the Strawberry, using figure 8s. Blend together, but do not allow the Strawberry batter to show though the top.
- Bake in a conventional oven for 30-35 minutes or for 20-25 minutes in a convection oven (or until done). Cool completely.
- Empty contents of Chocolate Frosting Mix into mixer bowl. Add low-fat milk. Using whip attachment, mix on low speed until incorporated. Scrape down side of mixer bowl. Mix on high speed for 4-5 minutes. Spread evenly over cooled cake and serve immediately or chill for later use.