What You'll Need:
1 package Chocolate Cake Mix
1-1/2 cups warm water 9 tablespoons (1/2 package) Raspberry Mousse Mix
1-1/2 cups red raspberries, chopped
2 cups cold 2% low-fat milk
whole raspberries (optional)
Yields: One 4-layer cake or 20 slices
- Preheat conventional oven to 350°F or convection oven to 275°F (low fan).
- In a stand mixer, combine Chocolate Cake Mix and warm water. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds until all ingredients are blended. Continue mixing on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter into 2 prepared 8" round pans.
- Bake 20-23 minutes in a conventional oven or 19-21 minutes in a convection oven (or until done).
- When cooled, split each cake in half evenly, yielding 2 layers per round.
- In a mixing bowl, add cold low-fat milk to 9 tablespoons (1/2 package) Raspberry Mousse Mix. Stir with a whisk until incorporated. Add this mixture to a stand mixer and whip for 6-7 minutes. With a spatula, gently fold 1-½ cups chopped raspberries into the Raspberry Mousse.
- Frost the cake immediately. Garnish with fresh whole raspberries, if desired.
- Chill cake until serving time.