1 package Sugar Free Red Velvet Cake Mix
1/2 package (10 ounces) Sugar Free Vanilla Cake Mix*
2-1/4 cups warm water
1 package Sugar Free Vanilla Frosting Mix
1-1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
*Remaining 1/2 package (10 ounces) Vanilla Cake Mix can be used to make Vanilla Cupcakes.
Recipe Yields: One 3-layer cake or 20 slices
- Preheat conventional oven to 350° F or convection oven to 275° F (low fan).
- Add 1-½ cups warm water to Red Velvet Cake Mix. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down side of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide batter equally between three prepared 8” round pans.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup warm water to Vanilla Cake Mix. Mix on low for 30 seconds, then scrape down sides of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the Vanilla Cake batter equally into the three 8” round pans in parallel lines across the top of the Red Velvet Cake batter. Using a table knife or spatula, swirl the Vanilla batter into the Red Velvet, first with the lines and then across the lines. Continue until the batter takes on a marble appearance, being careful not to blend the colors together.
- Bake in a conventional oven for 20-23 minutes or in a convection oven 19-21 minutes or until done. Cool completely.
- Empty contents of Vanilla Frosting Mix into mixer bowl. Add low-fat milk.
- Using whip attachment, mix on low speed until incorporated. Scrape down side of mixer bowl. Mix on high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Frost cooled cake and serve immediately.