What You'll Need:
1 package Vanilla Cake Mix
1 package Chocolate Cake Mix
3 cups warm water
1 package Chocolate Frosting Mix
1-1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
Yields: 36 - 2.8 ounce servings or 6x6 cut
- Preheat conventional oven to 350°F or convection oven to 275°F (low fan).
- Add 1-1/2 cups warm water to Vanilla Cake Mix.* Using paddle, mix on low for 30 seconds, then scrape down sides of bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread batter into prepared hotel pan (12"x20").
- In separate mixing bowl, add 1-1/2 cups warm water to Chocolate Cake Mix.* Using paddle, mix on low for 30 seconds, then scrape down sides of bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the Chocolate Cake evenly across the top of the Vanilla Cake batter in parallel lines. Using a table knife or spatula, swirl the Chocolate better into the Vanilla, first with the lines and then across the lines. Continue until the pattern in the batter takes on a marble appearance, being careful not to blend the colors together.
- Bake in a conventional oven for 30-35 minutes or 20-25 minutes in a convection oven (or until done). Cool completely.
- Add low-fat milk to mixer bowl. Add Chocolate Frosting Mix. Using whip attachment, mix on low speed until incorporated. Scrape down side of mixer bowl. Mix on high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Spread evenly over cooled cake. Serve immediately.