What You'll Need:
1 package Sunburst Orange Cake Mix
3 cups warm water
1 package Whipped Topping Mix
2 cups chilled orange juice
1 cup chilled water
30 pieces of acetate
Yields: 15 servings
- Preheat conventional oven to 350°F or convection oven to 275°F (low fan).
- Add warm water to Sunburst Orange Cake Mix. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down sides of bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes. Spread batter into prepared half sheet pan (12" x 20").
- Bake in a conventional oven for 30-35 minutes or in a convection oven 25-30 minutes (or until done). Let cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add Whipped Topping Mix and stir in chilled orange juice and water. Using whip attachment, mix on low 1 minute. Then, whip on highest speed 5-6 minutes. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Using a small (2-1/2") round cookie cutter, cut 30 circles of Sunburst Orange Cake, dipping cookie cutter in warm water in-between cuts. Reserve left-over cake for Citrus Delight Cheesecake Crumbles.
- Cut 30 pieces of acetate into 5" strips and tape each strip into a 2-1/2" circle.
- Place 1 circle of cake as a base in bottom of acetate circle and top with 1/4" of Whipped Topping. Then, place another circle cake on top. Using a pastry bag with a decorative tip, pipe additional Whipped Topping on top.
- Chill cakes for 1-2 hours until set and gently remove acetate strips. Serve immediately.