What You'll Need:
1 package Vanilla Cake Mix
3 cups warm water
1 package Key Lime Chiffon Cheesecake Mix
2 cups cold 2% low-fat milk
30 pieces of acetate
Yields: 15 servings
- Preheat conventional oven to 350°F or convection oven to 275°F (low-fan).
- Combine Vanilla Cake Mixes and 5-1/2 ounces of Key Lime Chiffon Cheesecake Mix in a stand mixer. Mix dry ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds. While mixer is on, gradually add warm water and allow to mix for another minute. Increase mixer speed to medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared hotel pan (12"x20").
- Bake in a conventional oven for 30-35 minutes or until done. In a convection oven, bake at 275°F for 25-30 minutes or until done. Let cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir low-fat milk into remaining Key Lime Chiffon Cheesecake Mix,. Using whip attachment, mix on low 1 minute. Whip on high 5-6 minutes. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Using a small (2-1/2") round cookie cutter, cut 30 circles of cake, dipping cookie cutter into warm water between cuts.
- Cut 30 pieces of acetate into 5" strips and tape each strip into a 2-1/2" circle.
- Place 1 circle of cake as a base and top with 1/4" of Key Lime Cheesecake. Then, place another cake circle on top. Using a pastry bag with a decorative tip, pipe additional Key Lime Cheesecake on top.