What You'll Need:
1 package Yellow Cake Mix
3 cups warm water
1 package Peach Mousse Mix
2 cups low-fat milk
30 pieces of acetate
Yields: 15 servings
- Preheat conventional oven to 350°F or convection oven to 275°F (low fan).
- Combine Yellow Cake Mixes and 4.5 ounces (1/2 package) of the Peach Mousse Mix in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Turn on mixer to the lowest speed and allow dry ingredients to blend for one minute. With the mixer on, gradually add water. Then, turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for another 2-3 minutes.
- Spread batter evenly in a prepared hotel pan (12"x20"). Bake in a conventional oven for 30-35 minutes or in a convection oven for 25-30 minutes (or until done). Allow cake to cool completely.
- In a separate mixing bowl, empty remaining Mousse Mix into mixer bowl. Using whip attachment, add low-fat milk and whip on high speed for 6-7 minutes. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Using a small (2-1/2") round cookie cutter, cut 30 circles of cake, dipping cookie cutter in warm water between cuts.
- Cut 30 pieces of acetate into 5 strips and tape each strip into a 2-1/2" circle.
- Place 1 circle of cake as a base in bottom of acetate circle and top with 1/4" of Peach Mousse. Then, place another cake circle on top. Using a pastry bag with a decorative tip, pipe additional Peach Mousse on top.
- Chill cakes for 1-2 hours until set and gently remove acetate strips. Serve immediately.