1 package Sugar Free Chocolate Cake Mix
1-1/2 cups warm water
4.5 ounces (1/2 package) Sugar Free Vanilla Frosting Mix
5/8 cup 2% low-fat milk
30 fresh strawberries
Recipe Yields: 30 servings
- Preheat conventional oven to 350° F or convection oven to 275° F (low fan).
- Empty Chocolate Cake Mix into mixing bowl of a stand mixer and add warm water to mix. Using paddle attachment, mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Then, stop mixer and scrape down bowl. Continue mixing on medium speed for 2-3 minute or until batter is smooth.
- Spread batter into prepared 9”x13” pan.
- Bake in a conventional oven for 20-23 minutes or convection oven for 19 minutes (or until done). Cool completely.
- Using a small (2-1/2") round cookie cutter, cut 30 circles of Chocolate Cake, dipping cookie cutter in warm water in-between cuts.
- Empty Vanilla Frosting Mix into mixer bowl and add low-fat milk. Using a whip attachment, mix on low speed until incorporated. Scrape down sides of mixer bowl, then continue mixing on high speed for 4-5 minutes. Chill until ready to use.
- Using a pastry bag with a plain tip, pipe a ring of Vanilla Frosting on top of each Chocolate Cake circle. Cut off the base of a strawberry so it is flat and place it upside down on each cake, pushing slightly to secure in place. Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of Vanilla Frosting to finish the Santa hat.
- Serve immediately.