1 package sugar free Chocolate Cake Mix
1 package sugar free Strawberry Dream Cake Mix
3 cups warm water
2 packages sugar free Vanilla Frosting Mix
2-1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
1 pint strawberries, sliced lengthwise (optional)
32 cupcake liners Recipe
Yields: 32 cupcakes
- Preheat conventional oven to 350° F or convection oven to 300° F (low fan).
- Place paper baking cups into 32 regular-size muffin cups.
- Add 1-1/2 cups warm water to Chocolate Cake Mix. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down side of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide Chocolate Cake batter equally among muffin cups (about 1/3 full).
- Add remaining warm water to Strawberry Dream Cake Mix. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down side of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide Strawberry Dream Cake batter equally among muffin cups on top of Chocolate Cake batter (muffin cup should be 2/3 full).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes (conventional) or 10-12 minutes (convection) or until done. Cool completely.
- Empty contents of both packages of Vanilla Frosting Mix into mixer bowl. Add low-fat milk.
Using whip attachment, mix on low speed until incorporated. Scrape down side of mixer bowl. Mix on high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Fit round tip (opening about 1/2 inch in diameter) into pastry bag. Spoon frosting into bag until about 1/2 full (refill as needed); generously pipe frosting in circular motion on top of each cupcake, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge.
- Top with sliced strawberries if desired. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.