1 package sugar free Chocolate Cake Mix
1 package sugar free Strawberry Dream Cake Mix
3 cups warm water
1 package sugar free Vanilla Frosting Mix
1-1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
Recipe Yields: 40 filled pies
- Preheat conventional oven to 350° F or convection oven to 300° F (low fan).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add 1-1/2 cups warm water to Chocolate Cake Mix. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down side of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add remaining warm water to Strawberry Dream Cake Mix. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down side of the bowl. Continue mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a #16 scoop, drop batter onto lined baking sheets, spacing them about 1-inch apart. Repeat to make 80 rounds.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (conventional) or 7-9 minutes (convection) or until rounds spring back when lightly touched. Remove to a rack to cool.
- Empty contents of Vanilla Frosting Mix into mixer bowl. Add low-fat milk.
- Using whip attachment, mix on low speed until incorporated. Scrape down side of mixer bowl. Mix on high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- To assemble, Pipe or spread 2 tablespoons of frosting onto each 40 cake rounds. Sandwich together with remaining 40 rounds. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.